Brokers with zero spread but pay commission

EricaS

Good day

Are there any spread betting brokers that allow you to enter the trade at market price (bid=ask) and pay the spread cost upfront like a commission?
I prefer spread betting for tax purposes.

Thanks

Spreadbetting is just as the name suggests - it is a bet and will involve a spread. You need to look at non spreadbet CFDs.

The spread will never be zero in spreadbetting; it would contradict with what the contracts are.

I don't understand why it can't be a zero spread. I will simply pay that spread cost upfront like a commission when I enter the trade.
I want the zero spread because of my scalping strategy. The spread is getting in the way of me making a better profit.

It's because a spreadbet is a category of CFD characterised by a spread around the bid/offer.
Surely the reason spreadbets always have a spread is because the provider must pay a percentage tax on winnings to the government. So it can never be a commission based business model, unlike futures, CFDs, etc.

Surely the reason spreadbets always have a spread is because the provider must pay a percentage tax on winnings to the government. So it can never be a commission based business model, unlike futures, CFDs, etc.
No, they are just companies that pay corporate tax at the end of the year on any profits. Just like other companies.